An IT marathon of 3 days with a total of almost 50 hours of programming and tech talks.
This and much more, at HackTM 2016, one of the greatest events of its kind in South-Eastern Europe, which takes place on 20th-22nd of May 2016, in Timișoara.
Over 500 experienced or beginner programmers are expected to take part at HackTM, but also designers, people with creative minds, students and even the CoderDojo IT-kids.
“We want to remain the biggest hackathon in the South-Eastern Europe. We plan on bringing a significant number of participants from abroad. People from Great Britain, Germany, France, Italy, Serbia, Hungary have already registered, and why not, we are trying to win over as many romanian participants as possible. We want our city to become, at least on those days, a capital for IT enthusiasts”, says Radu Ticiu, one of the event organizers.
On the first day of HackTM experienced speakers will hold presentations in their area of expertise on different levels (basic and advanced) in the HackTalks session. The HackTalks sessions cover areas like entrepreneurship, business plans, personal development, online marketing, advertising and communication.
Alongside IT enthusiasts, HackTM will reunite representatives from other areas of activity, interested in developing projects in one of the event’s 8 categories:
- Smart City – projects that aim to improve the urban life & culture;
- Education – projects meant to develop and/or revolutionize the traditional educational system;
- Game Development – category dedicated to game development for computers, consoles, mobiles or web;
- Robots – vehicles, drones and other intelligent devices, capable of “seeing” and “sensing” objects in their surrounding environment;
- IoT (Internet of Things) – devices connected to the internet, that also communicate with each other and improve the everyday life (from thermostats to intelligent mailboxes);
- eHealth – those who want to find technical solutions to global healthcare problems will find their place in this particular category;
- FinTech – for projects in the financial area, whether it’s payment systems, trading, insurances, data analysis or security;
- Open – special category, only for the projects that do not fit in one of the above mentioned tracks.
During this programming marathon, the participants will be grouped in teams of maximum 5 members. Those who aren’t already part of a team will be able to find one on the spot. The present mentors will offer guidance for the ideas to become functional projects.
Almost 100 projects are expected this year, at HackTM 2016. The best ones in each category will be awarded. Also, the project that is the most impressive and has the highest practical use will get the HackTM Winner 2016 title.
HackTM 2016 will take part at the UPT Restaurant, in the Timisoara Students’ Campus. The event is organised by BanatIT andTimisoara Startup Hub.
Sign ups are open on www.hacktm.ro